NEW for 2018: The version 2 Wisefab Ultimate Nissan S-Chassis steering lock kit is a brand new steering lock kit designed and tested with the assistance of 2017 & 2018 Formula Drift Champion; James Deane. It has all the benefits of version 1 (The most successful drift steering angle kit in the world) plus lots of brilliant improvements!
It offers improvements in: Useable steering lock, strength, steering feel, steering ratio, weight, suspension range, adjustability, and a new option for a steering rack relocation fabrication kit.
The 2 options for this new kit. Both of them fit S14 and S15 Right hand drive & Left hand drive cars:
Option 1: Lock kit complete with steering rack relocation hardware. This requires the OEM front subframe to be cut and welded. It moves the rack an incredible 46mm forward for better Ackemann curve to dramatically reduce over centring (when the steering gets jammed on full lock while decelerating / braking). It also lowers the rack slightly for improved engine oil pan clearance. It conforms to all big drift championship rules, and has gone through a full Formula Drift test and approval process.
Option 2: Lock kit with 30mm rack offset spacers instead of the rack relocation. This is a much more bolt-on solution for those not keen on cutting and welding the front subframe.
Click or scroll to the full Description below for a video, full information & fitting notes.
The benefits over the version 1 kit:
- Even more usable steering lock. With increased feel & precise handling especially with the rack relocation.
- Less sensitive steering with an increased steering ratio despite offering more lock.
- Allows more suspension travel with higher range spherical bearings meaning you can use longstroke coilover kits to keep the tyre in contact with the ground.
- The kit is lighter and stronger, with a fully optimised design used in combination with new high strength steel.
- 60mm roll centre correction.
- Adjustable camber and caster with the adjustable double plates.
- Adjustable lock stops.
- Adjustable Ackermann washers are included that allow you to run 0 ackermann, and 3mm or 6mm positive or negative ackermann (Driftworks note: We get on with the 3mm positive setting the best).
- Both versions of this kit are supplied with the hardware to fit S14, S15, Nissan 200sx, Nissan models.
This kit assumes coilovers to have enough clearance. We recommend using Driftworks CS2 coilovers with the helper springs in place for the ultimate suspension stroke, control and handling.
Dependent on the wheel width, offset and which tyre you use, wider fenders or fender flares are likely to be required.
Recommended backspacing on the wheel is approximately 135-140mm - This works out to be something along the lines of 7“ ET45, 8“ ET35 or 9“ ET25.
A tyre diameter of around 635mm is recommended (215/45R17, 225/45R17, 235/40R17, 225/40R18 etc) and the inner wheel wells will need to be modifed for clearance depending on the chosen ride height.
Driftworks Ltd are biggest global dealer of Wisefab - If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.